Hello fellow book bloggers, I am excited to be participating in the Armchair BEA. See below for my introduction. Head over to Armchair BEA headquarters and see what interesting posts they have coming up.
This is me and my best friend and sister Michelle of 26 Years. I’m on the one on the left.
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
Hello, my name is Heather and I’m a book junkie and I’ve been blogging since March 2011. I got into blogging because I love to read books and I thought why not have a blog and talk about the books I’m reading. Since then it’s exploded to become what it is today, a full featured blog with Book Reviews, Author Interviews, Guest Blogs, and Blog Tours. It hasn’t stopped since.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I’m currently reading The Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison.
I don’t have favorites because they all appeal to me one way or another
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I follow an alternative religion. I connect most with Native American traditions but have a mixture of Celtic/Norse due to my family background. All have special meaning to me and I’ve met some phenomenal people since I’ve chose to follow the Red Road.
4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
I love my Author features . The interviews are the best because I tend to ask interesting questions that you don’t find on traditional interviews. I find that you can find out a lot from an author if you ask the right questions.
5. Where do you see your blog in five years?
I hope to see it continue to grow and plan to focus a lot on indie writers. But I would love to have some well-known authors visiting and looking at my blog.
6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
My favorite one is my Tad Williams interview because he is one of my favorite authors and I was honored to have him appear on my blog.
7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Whoa that’s a toughie but I would have to say Tad Williams and his wife Deborah Beale. A close second would be Stephen King because I’ve read his books since I was a kid.
8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
I would love to go down to Key West and see Hemingway’s Cat House.
9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I would love to see the indie authors getting more of a voice.
10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
Not really since I usually am pretty selective about my books that I’m going to review. But if your book catches my eye in the first couple of chapters, I would love to write about it.